|Kate Smith, far right, and the content marketing panel|
Read the Storify from TBI Communications here and ALPSP here.
In the spirit of all good content marketers, Kate has created a list of eleven top tips drawn from the session.
- Start small, pick something easy
- Map out everything in your content ‘universe’
- Identify the drivers of your funnel and audience journey
- Don’t get too bogged down with personas
- Audience is 1st, Story 2nd, Content 3rd
- Provide some easy guidelines – like making the first sentence of your content 140 characters
- Use other events like a survey someone else in your company has done and repurpose it into a short form content asset (or two, or three, or four…)
- Top and tail other people’s content
- There are different ways to consume content so repurpose the same content in different forms (a list, an infographic, a blog post etc)
- Check out ‘1 post Wonders’ on Tumblr
- Get Amy from Sticky Content’s stakeholder guide
Disagree? Add your own to the comments field below.Kate Smith is Associate Marketing Director, John Wiley & Sons. She is a seasoned marketer and has led community marketing teams, and more recently Channel teams and B2B marketing at Wiley for the last 12 years. As a content marketing advocate Kate has been helping to change the mindset around marketing in Wiley so that that marketers are better equipped to connect and engage with customers and end-users.